Discussions specific to the VMware vSphere hypervisor
mlottcpap
Novice
Liked: never

Unable to mount snapshot clone

Post by mlottcpap » Jan 10, 2019 8:02 pm

I am working with a new Pure storage array and it's built-in (storage) snapshots. In Veeam under Storage Infrastructure I am able to see all of the created snapshots, and Veeam can see the VMs contained in each. I was attempting to FLR a couple of the machines but it consistently fails with the message "Unable to to mount snapshot clone VEEAM-StorageLUNClone-xxxx to host X.X.X.X Error: Cannot find LUN by IQN...

Before I keep beating on this, I wonder if it should even be possible to mount those snapshots from within Veeam since it did not orchestrate them. I have a procedure for doing this manually but was hopeful that Veeam would also allow this. If it is indeed supposed to work then I can work to diagnose the true cause.

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 3516 times

Re: Unable to mount snapshot clone

Post by Gostev » Jan 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Yes, absolutely - in fact, this is exactly the use case we started our primary storage snapshot integration journey from! Feel free to open a support case for the assistance with troubleshooting. Thanks!

mlottcpap
Novice
Liked: never

Post by mlottcpap » Jan 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Thanks, I was pretty sure I had it working at one point with either the VNX or the Pure. I am currently in eval mode, so hopefully I can open a ticket.

wishr
Veeam Software
Liked: 116 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am

Hi,

Sure, you can open a ticket even if you are on a free version. Our support engineers will be happy to help!

Regards,
Fedor