Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 118 times

Understand bottleneck

Post by matteu »

Hello,

Is there a guide to understand better bottleneck ? (I already read the FAQ but it's not enough detailed).
I have some replication job and I have 100% on the source and 98% on the target WAN and I would like to understand if this is "normal" or I can improve it.
It's only for a small VM (50Go) and I have 30Go for wan cache on source and target.
I have only 2 VM for the source wan accelerator (small both) and target wan is only used for them.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Understand bottleneck

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

The "bottleneck" percent rate defines the amount of time within each component is busy during the job. The current statistics means that source data mover reads data and target WAN processes data throughout the whole job. It does not depend on VM size. I don't think that you should decide on the necessity for optimizations just being based on "bottleneck" statistics, the "bottleneck" always exists in every pipeline. On the other hand, if the job does not fit your backup window and you want to understand why, then this statistics will be extremely useful for troubleshooting process.

Thanks!
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 118 times

Post by matteu » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for your answer.
I would like to be sure i didn't missconfigured something because on backup job I dont have so high number. It's more arround 80
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Backup jobs have a different processing pipeline than backup copies so numbers shouldn't align between them.