Use old Job backup file as seed for new job

VMware specific discussions

Re: Use old Job backup file as seed for new job

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Sorry might have missed this, but what if I want to change a job to a per-vm job. If I create a new job in a repository that is per-vm then map the new job to the old job will it then in the new job be a per-vm vbk job.

I am having issues with a very long merge after a job.

thanks
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Liked: 38 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:15 pm

one other question if you seed from a job that was created in Veeam 8 with no bitlooker will the new job use the bitlooker for the whole vm? My understanding is that If you turn on the bitlooker on a job that was created in Veeam 8 that was just upgraded it would need to do a new full backup to avoid the dirty bits.
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu May 26, 2016 12:56 pm

ober72 wrote:Sorry might have missed this, but what if I want to change a job to a per-vm job. If I create a new job in a repository that is per-vm then map the new job to the old job will it then in the new job be a per-vm vbk job.

Do you mean copying the old single full backup chain to the repository configured for per-VM chains and then mapping the new job to it? It will continue as not per-VM until the next active full.

ober72 wrote:one other question if you seed from a job that was created in Veeam 8 with no bitlooker will the new job use the bitlooker for the whole vm? My understanding is that If you turn on the bitlooker on a job that was created in Veeam 8 that was just upgraded it would need to do a new full backup to avoid the dirty bits.

For BitLooker it doesn't matter what do you have in existing backup files. When you enable BitLooker on a job, it will do its job during the next cycles, however, only for data copied within the particular job run. So if you want it to process the entire VM, you need to perform an active full.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1083 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby ober72 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks Alexander that answers both my questions.
Geoff Burke
VMCE V9
ober72
Service Provider

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere