- Posts: 7
- Liked: never
- Joined: Nov 30, 2015 7:37 am
- Full Name: Alex Sørensen
But i was worndering if there is solution for:
When performing Credentials check to skip Native OS and VMware VIX checks and jump directly to "Persistent Agent" check, very time consuming when waiting for them to fail.
In registry its possible to tweek wheater it checks VIX or Native OS first, but since its True/False setting its difficult to incorporate 3 settings.
When performing restores from SQL Explorer (and probably) other Explorers it doesn't seem if VBR tries Persistent Agent at all bot only SMB/RPC methods and you still need the huge firewall openings
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 2553
- Liked: 408 times
- Joined: Aug 28, 2013 8:23 am
- Full Name: Petr Makarov
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Thanks for feedback!
1) I guess it make sense to think about possible improvements.
2) The request is noted. Although, I cannot comment on ETA because I'm not ready yet to determine the priority of this request. Anyway, the idea seems to be reasonable.
- Posts: 2
- Liked: 2 times
- Joined: May 10, 2021 9:55 am
- Full Name: Søren Kjærhus
We have a highly segregated network and having to open so many floodgates across the board to support the various restore scenarios is a bit of a red flag for our security dept., using preinstalled persistent agents could alleviate some of that pain, and SMB in particular.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests