- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 15, 2013 11:34 am
- Full Name: Tong
Customer want to know the functions of Veeam v7
- Can v7 support backup and restore to Tape, tape loader and VLT device?
- can we split the backup file into different pre-define size file by uising v7 (e.g backup1, backup2,backup3.... )?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 17267
- Liked: 1513 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
Did you have a chance to take a look at CountDown to V7 page. Most of you questions are covered there.- Can v7 support backup and restore to Tape, tape loader and VLT device?
Long story short, v7 will support backup to tape/restore from tape scenario. Moreover, VTL will be among supported tape libraries.Archive to Tape provides another option for archiving Veeam backups – disk, cloud and tape. It supports virtual tape libraries (VTLs), tape libraries and standalone drives. And, it’s fully integrated into Veeam Backup & Replication and tracks VMs and restore points across tapes, making restores simple.
As far as I’m concerned, this option won’t be present in the upcoming release.- can we split the backup file into different pre-define size file by uising v7 (e.g backup1, backup2,backup3.... )?
Hope this helps.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 30 guests