Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Ctek
Service Provider
Liked: 13 times

VCD backup job, Full backups triggered frequently!

Post by Ctek »

Hi,

We are facing an issue recently where some VCD customers did go above their VEM backups quotas, which then fails their backups. When trying to resolve the issue by raising their Quotas, this causes a domino effect where those customers are triggering FULL backups again and again until a success is finally met.

I am wondering if this behavior is expected. We do have quite a bit of experience with decent large scale VBR deployments and are able to do capacity management effectively, but those recents surges in data consumption due to the full backups did raise some flags on our end. We are newly using vCloud Director.

If it is expected, can I have more details to explain this behavior? Can it be changed?

Thanks
VMCE
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: VCD backup job, Full backups triggered frequently!

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

Can your clarify how do your customers trigger full backups in the self-service vCD backup portal? I did not think such action is available there, they should only be able to Start or Retry failed jobs. And neither option should create a full backup, unless of course it is scheduled to be created on the given day per the job settings in any case.

Thanks!