Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
sbaltic
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Sebastijan

vCenter & Enterprise Manager

Post by sbaltic »

Hello.

I have a problem to see vcenter in enterprise manager. I add vcenter in B&R without problems and make some jobs. But in enterprise management I add backup server with same username that I add vcenter to B&R without problems. That I click on collecting (when finishes) there is no vcenter server, there is no jobs in enterprise manager. I already restart server, services, change services account but still no vcenter server.

Anybody have some idea? I use V&B9. Case # 01689927

P.S. Before that, I have scvmm server in enterprise manager (same manager) without any problems. Than I remove scvmm (switch virtualization to vmware) and try to add vcenter ... no luck.

Thx.
Sebastijan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: vCenter & Enterprise Manager

Post by foggy »

Have you tried starting the data collection job manually (clicking Start Collecting on the toolbar while in Configuration view)?
sbaltic
Enthusiast

Post by sbaltic »

Yes. and there is no error in those jobs and backup in b&r works fine.

I reinstall b&r and em, but no luck. As I said. There was no problem with scvmm 2012 R2.
sbaltic
Enthusiast

Post by sbaltic »

Ok,

if you already have B&R and EM with hyper-v (or scvmm) you must remove EM database if you want to add ("change" from hyperv to vSphere) vSphare in the same B&R server otherwise you don't see vCenter server in EM.

Now everything is working fine!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Well, this definitely shouldn't be the case, since both environments can be added to the same EM without any issues, we have a number of such installations here in our lab. Though re-creating EM database did help in your case, the actual issue should be caused by something else.