Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
userv
Novice
Liked: 2 times

Veeam 11 EMC Unity connection Error Code:0x1000002

Post by userv »

Hi!

Is EMC Unity (fw 5.0.7.0.5.008) working with Veeam 11 ? Tested it, and on Veeam 9.5U4b it was working well, and after updating to V11, it is not working, shows error "system encountered an unexpected error. Record the error code and go to the EMC Online Support website for all your support options. (Error Code:0x1000002)"

Some problem with uemcli logic in V11 or something wrong in my parcticular test, don't know.. Is there someone on V11 with Unity integration working fine?
userv
Novice

Re: Veeam 11 EMC Unity connection Error Code:0x1000002

Post by userv »

Nevermind, seems like I was able to fix it. It was a problem with built-in Uemcli software in user profile of Veeam service account.
To fix it, i deleted USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\.emc\uemcli\cert directory under Veeam service account profile.
Then rescaned Unity array from Veeam console, and it finally started to work. (cert directory automatically recreated)

Just leave it here for someone having such troubles in future, cause Google do not have answers )
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1407 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Thanks for sharing
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi, we are aware of this issue but are currently investigating it with Dell EMC. In v11, we've updated the Unisphere CLI version with a newer one, which resulted in customer reports similar to yours. Replacing the CLI tools with the version coming with v10 helps in most cases and you can ask our engineers for assistance with this, should you see the same issue again. Also, I'd be grateful if you could also open a service request with Dell EMC, this would allow us for faster troubleshooting. Thanks!
userv
Novice

Post by userv »

So, if similar customer reports exist, and deleting/recreating this folder helped me in this case, feel free to share this solution to customers, hope it helps them too ^))))

I think, underlying issue is that the new Unisphere CLI version in v11 does not like cached Unity certificate, because it was cached by the previous version of Unisphere CLI. EMC did not bother to embed any kind of check for this thing or backward compatibility in Uemcli, so here we are.

By the way, in my case Veeam service is running by the service user account, so .emc\uemcli\cert folder is located in user profile. If Veeam service is running by Local System, it should be somewhere in another place, just need to find it out)
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

That's a good assumption, indeed. Thank you! Let us verify that internally.
kfra
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: kfra

Post by kfra » 1 person likes this post

We had the same issue and we basically removed the storage from the "storage infrastructure" menu the Unity, then deleted the following folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\.emc since we are running VeeamServices with LocalSystem (we have also checked the following dir C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\) and the added the storage again from the "storage infrastructure" menu.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Thanks for sharing. So far we've reverted the Unisphere CLI version in the upcoming Veeam B&R update to the one used in Veeam B&R v10, to avoid similar issues in the future.