Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pmichelli
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Veeam 12.1 reinstalled the backup console

Post by pmichelli »

I purposely architected V12 to not have the VBR console on the Veeam server. We use another host for the console. I just upgraded to 12.1 and it re-installed the VBR console. Previous patches to 12.0 did not do this.

It looks like it re-installed all the explorers that I had to manually remove with PowerShell to get rid of the VBR console when i deployed 12.0 . Are the same steps still valid to remove these components again? What a mess this has caused me today.

How can I safely remove this and why did it do this ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Veeam 12.1 reinstalled the backup console

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Yes, whatever procedure you used previously should still be valid as 12.1 does not have any major architectural changes over 12.0.

In general I don't think we have such feature in our setup wizard today "don't install a backup console on the backup server" but I think we should consider @Egor Yakovlev? As we're considering to provide options not to install other things by default too, seems like backup console should be an integral part of this effort?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Aye, looks like a good idea.
Will raise it with the teams.

/Thanks!
pmichelli
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Post by pmichelli »

You guys are the best ! Thanks for the quick reply. I'll follow the same steps as last time to remove the explorers and VBR console.