- Posts: 94
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm
Product: VMware vSphere Client 5.1 -- Error 1406.Could not write value ProductLanguage to key \SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
I have not had a problem on other servers. COuld it be something in the Veeam install that is causing this?
- Posts: 68
- Liked: 10 times
- Joined: Aug 02, 2011 6:09 pm
- Full Name: Zach Weed
- Product Manager
- Posts: 17148
- Liked: 1485 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
However, there is a known remedy for it. The thing you have to do is very simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Click on Start button > Run, type regedit and press enter.
2. It will open registery editor. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VMware, Inc. and delete this entry.
Note: the aforesaid registry key is located either either in Wow6432Node or directly in Software.
3. After deleting this entry, Click on Retry button on your error.
Hope this helps.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests