- Posts: 94
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm
Product: VMware vSphere Client 5.1 -- Error 1406.Could not write value ProductLanguage to key \SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
I have not had a problem on other servers. COuld it be something in the Veeam install that is causing this?
- Posts: 68
- Liked: 10 times
- Joined: Aug 02, 2011 6:09 pm
- Full Name: Zach Weed
- Product Manager
- Posts: 20129
- Liked: 2214 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
However, there is a known remedy for it. The thing you have to do is very simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Click on Start button > Run, type regedit and press enter.
2. It will open registery editor. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VMware, Inc. and delete this entry.
Note: the aforesaid registry key is located either either in Wow6432Node or directly in Software.
3. After deleting this entry, Click on Retry button on your error.
Hope this helps.