Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
DragonSN
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam Backup jobs issue

Post by DragonSN »

Hello there,
Here is the situation: By accident we ran restore on one of VM backup jobs and all of the sudden started to restore and because of that the VM which was playing role of our repository server for our NAS data was deleted. Long story short, we end up to run the restore job to bring the whole VM repository server back online. So, now VM repository server is back online, but, when we try to run two associated backup jobs, still we are getting errors and not fully successfully completed.
I already created a ticket with Veeam , but, they were not that helpful and they just told me to try to run Active Full backup to see if the issue will be go away which I believe it will, but, as we can see all restore points are OK for all these two back jobs, I just want to see if there is any other way to fix this issue rather than just start active full backup which will take again long time to complete the jobs.
Here is my ticket number if you want to get more information about this situation: 04785751

Thanks for your help.
Saeid
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Backup jobs issue

Post by veremin »

Hi, Saeid, and welcome to Veeam R&D forums,

Might be a stupid question, but have you tried to map those jobs to backups stored in this repository and run the jobs again?

Thanks!
DragonSN
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by DragonSN »

Hello Veremin, and thanks for your quick reply.
Backup jobs are already connected to the repository which removed before and now it is restored and I also did rescan and rescan completed successfully, but, I am not sure how I can map jobs to repository? Please let me know, maybe I tried before, but, do not know the actual name of it.
Probably it is the case and if I try to map the jobs to backups stored in repository, then, it should work.
Thanks,
Saeid
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

In the storage settings of backup job there is a hyperlink - map backup. Using it you can map a job to already existing backup chain to avoid active full backup, for instance. This is what I was referring to in my previous post.