Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
davpak
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Pak

Veeam Backup trying to restore VMware VM

Post by davpak »

Hi,

I am running Veeam Backup and Replication 6.5 Due to major system failure I need to restore a server. I am very new to Veeam so ignore my stupidity.

Looking at the backup history I can see a successful backup on 25/02 and I want to the use that restore point as it is a FULL.

When I try to restore the VM, I search the job list and the server is not listed.

Obtained the old restore point from disk and it is titled with the date of the backup job but when I import it, the VM still does not appear in the list.

If anybody can assist I would be greatly appreciated.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Backup trying to restore VMware VM

Post by veremin »

Just a few questions:

How are you trying to add this VM to the Full VM restore wizard? Using “from the infrastructure” option or “from the backup” one?

Can you also confirm that this VM was successfully backed up during the said job run (25.02)? It can be done by double-clicking on the necessary session in Backup History and looking under VM Name column.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Backup trying to restore VMware VM

Post by foggy »

v.Eremin wrote:How are you trying to add this VM to the Full VM restore wizard? Using “from the infrastructure” option or “from the backup” one?
Alternatively, you can select the Backups node in Veeam B&R console, double-click the job name, right-click the required VM, and select Restore entire VM command. The VM will be added to the restore wizard automatically.