I am using Veeam B&R to backup few esxi vm guests. At one guest (which was converted P2V & worked with veeam for long without issue) is now making trouble with following errors. I tried the veeam knowledge base, tried changing disk size and recalculate, but still getting errors. Any advise would be appreicable.
Please do not upload logs to this forum (forum rule). Logs snippets are for our support engineers.
I assume, you have tried this kb article? https://www.veeam.com/kb1848
Either way, that sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Without case number, the topic will eventually be deleted by moderators.
I dont have support id because i dont have active subscription.
When I exclude disk2 , the backup works fine with OS disk only. So how can I further troubleshoot the 2nd disk? any advise would be appreicable.
As documented in our forum rules, a case can also be opened with the community edition. So please create the case.
If Disk 2 is the issue, and you have tried the resizing, then we cannot help you in the forum. Logs needs to be analyzed, which cannot be done over the forum. And guessing the issue is not the right way to solve a problem.
I tried all solutions but couldn't figured out. As a last resort I did following. I know this workaround is not the proper solution, but since I failed to sort it by all means, & taking backup was crucial, therefore following steps worked for me. Luckily I had enough resources to cater the workaround. 6 drivers SSD in Raid-5 made the transition really fast
- Stopped all running services related to Oracle/SAP or any un necessary apps
- Added new disk (drive3 / H: ) on the effected VM with same size as existing DB drive (disk2 G: )
- Cloned the partition from old (disk2 G: ) to this new (disk3 H: )
- Using Disk Management, I changed the drive letter & marked the old (disk2 G: ) OFFLINE.
- Changed the new disk (disk3 H: ) partition drive letter same as older one that is G:
- Rebooted the server, & this time all backups went smoothly & SAP ORACLE synching/services are working fine as well
- Afterwards I removed the OLD faulty partition from the VM.