Veeam FLR

VMware specific discussions

Re: Veeam FLR

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:02 am

Those are not actual VMDK files, but stubs required to present disks during FLR. They do not consume space.

Please review the thread above for the hint regarding the error message you see.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1077 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby cffit » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:57 pm

This worked for me. I was getting a similar error copying a folder that was 18GB in size. Not exactly this error, but errors about RPC and connections when I was about 2/3 done copying. When I made the changes to the registry I was able to copy from backup fully. Thanks for posting this.

Buh95 wrote:Hi,

I recently have some problems restoring a lot of files (60k for 270GB) using FLR. The restore had as target the veeam server itself (physical big server).
The FLR restore was starting fine and failed at 20% with this message : Failed to open management RPC connection proxy service. Port: '6160'

We finaly found that it was due to a lack of TCP client port during the restoration. We tuned the TCP parameters creating those entry :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters:
TcpTimedWaitDelay (DWORD) = 30
MaxUserPort (DWORD) = 65534

That's it... not exacly your problem but I would check this on your veeam server if you try to launch big FLR restore.
cffit
Expert

Liked: 33 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

Veeam Logoby EBoucq » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:22 am 1 person likes this post

Changing the registry to increase the number of TCP client ports solved my problem.
Thanks !
EBoucq
Expert

Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Eric Boucq

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere