Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Kestys
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kestutis

Veeam licencing

Post by Kestys »

Hello i have a question, can i use on the one veeam b&r server different license at same time example standard with enterprise or enterprise plus. Veeam seller said, i can but how insert two license in one server? Thanks for answers
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam licencing

Post by foggy »

If you're talking about socket-based licenses, then no - you cannot install two different socket licenses into the single Veeam B&R installation. Seems as some sort of misunderstanding took place between you and the sales rep.
Kestys
Novice

Post by Kestys »

I have VCSP rental licenses.
If i right understand if i wanna use standard, enterprise and enterprise plus, i need 3 vm or 3 hw server with veeam b&r ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

Technically speaking yes, as you simply cannot install multiple socket licenses in the same backup server. However, using 3 backup servers as a "workaround" is against the Veeam licensing policy, which specifically restricts using different license terms to protect different parts of the same source environment.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

We do not see you as a provider in our records, are you a registered VCSP (cloud provider or MSP)? End customers are not allowed to mix editions in a single physical location, however, as a service provider and depending on your status you might not be subject to this restriction and be able to meet the needs of different customers. For more information, please refer to the Veeam Cloud Provider Licensing Guide available on the ProParter portal.
Kestys
Novice

Post by Kestys »

Example we have vcloud director and rent iaas. And companies who rent have own dedicated resourse. And one want control backups and etc, others just know about backups.
If i dedicate one server with veeam which backup clients vms.
And who wanna control backup, insert enterprise plus with vcloud director plugin.
But what a do with clients whoome wanna cheaper backups with standard licence ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

If you want to provide services based on the self-service portal and vCloud Director, the only option you have is Enterprise Plus (since only this version has these capabilities).

If your clients do not want self-service portal and will manage the Veeam B&R servers through other ways, then you can install a separate server for each client. Hope this helps!