Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
howartp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Peter Howarth

Veeam renewal

Post by howartp »

Hi.

I know you're going to say "contact sales" but Alina Beliaeva and Veeam.Renewals.UKire are ignoring me and my supplier.

We have 5 Windows Agents, for which we've got the correct product code "V-ESSVUL-0I-SU1AR-00" to renew as Universal Licenses. No problem there.

We also have three Backup Essentials Enterprise (2 socket bundles) with 24/7 Uplift, but we haven't yet managed to get a product code to renew for 1, 3 or 5 years.

Instead we've been quoted BOTH the following product codes. (Truncated as they don't fit on the quote from my supplier)

V-ESSPLS-0S-SD3... Delta Migrations SKU for Product Migration from Veeam Backup Essentials Enterprise sockets to Veeam Backup Essentials VUL - 3 Years
V-ESSENT-0S-SU3... Product Migration from Veeam Backup Essentials Enterprise Socket-Based to Veeam Universal License - 3 years with Production (24/7) Support

Can anyone explain what these two codes do (other than convert to VUL) as they both seem to be the same thing at vast amounts of money each.

I'm trying to compare the renewal price of changing the BEE socket licenses to an appropriate number of VUL licenses but as Sales aren't getting back to me i'm struggling.

Part of the problem is our BEE licenses were bought from a different supplier that went bust, and when we bought the Agent licenses we bought partial year renewals to bring them all in line with BEE so we could renew the whole lot as one renewal, with my preferred supplier.

Peter
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Veeam renewal

Post by Gostev »

Unfortunately, being with R&D we have absolutely no idea of this scary sales stuff called SKUs :D

But I will forward this to the Renewals management, and ask them to make sure you're not being ignored. By the way, you can do this yourself in future using the vee.am/feedback form (if you pick Renewals communication, your feedback will go to the same Renewals management group I will forward this thread to now).
howartp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Peter Howarth

Re: Veeam renewal

Post by howartp »

Thanks Gostev.