Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
sinvim
Novice
Liked: never

Veeam replica timeout

Post by sinvim »

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue during a Veeam replication job, specifically a "Preparing replica VM Error." The error message indicates: "A connection attempt failed because the remote site did not respond after a certain period of time, or the established connection was incorrect because the connected host did not respond."

To temporarily resolve this problem, I've been rebooting the ESXi host, which gets rid of the error and allows me to connect to ESXi without any issues. However, this problem reoccurs approximately every 3-4 days, and I'm faced with the same error.

Moreover, when this issue occurs, I'm unable to retrieve any information from the ESXi client using various commands such as:

esxcli system hostname get
esxcli system stats installtime get
esxcli software vib list
esxcli storage vmfs extent list
esxcli storage filesystem list
esxcli esxcli command list
esxcli storage
None of the above commands provide a response. However, I can still log in to the ESXi server through the web interface, but it appears to be unresponsive in some sections.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem or have any insights on how to resolve this issue? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Veeam CaseID : Case #06346666
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam replica timeout

Post by Mildur »

Hello Sinvim

Thanks for the case number. To solve the issue I recommend to keep working with our support team. We cannot solve technical issues over a forum post. And this is not a support forum as explained in our forum rules.

I see you have opened the case for the community edition instead of using your active maintenance contract. Was that on purpose? If you open a case for your active license, you will get guaranteed support. Community Edition only gets you support on best effort.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software