Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
naseik
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam server problem

Post by naseik »

HI,

Did some search can't find similar problem.

Problem is, I have to shutdown/restart the Veeam server (win 2008 R2) because overtime, I don't know how much time, it will cripple the HDD performance of the host.
When it is occurring, my files server is getting slow, bad IO and users complain. The performance monitor of vmware show disk usage that are bad, over 50 millisecond steady.
If I shutdown the server, it will go back to normal, 2 to 15 millisecond and everything go back to normal on the other server of the host.

Any idea why it happening.

Thk.

Config of Veeam VM ( 4cpu / 8gb)

Host:
VmWare 5.5
Proliant DL370 G6
2x Xeon E5649
64GB
Quad Nic

Running 6VM
naseik
Lurker
Liked: never

[MERGED] Veeam server cripple HDD performance of the host

Post by naseik »

Hi,

The Veeam server is a guest on a vmware 5.5 host, the backup are doing well, everything work as it should, backup finish with no error etc...

But at some point, I have to shutdown/restart the server as it is crippling the HDD performance of the entire vmware host. When it is happening,
the performance monitor show usage latency over 50-60 millisecond. I will shutdown/restart the Veeam server and it will go back to normal, 1-15 millisecond.

What could cause this, I can't find related problem when searching the Internet.

Veaam server config: Guest / Win 2008 R2 with 4cpu/8gb backup on a NAS via ISCSI

Host vmware 5.5
Prolian DL370 G6
2x Xeon E5649
64GB

Thk.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Veeam server problem

Post by DGrinev »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Prior to contacting the support team, have you checked the HDD by chkdsk, for example?
Since, the job processing isn't failing, I assume it might be caused by the hardware issue. Thanks!