Discussions specific to the VMware vSphere hypervisor
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 1481 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam V7 Server and SQL

Post by foggy » Oct 08, 2013 3:00 pm 1 person likes this post

jamerson wrote: while installing Veeam to connect to SQL you need to have those ports first open, otherwise you won't be able to pas the installation connection to the SQL
Correct.

jamerson
Expert
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Julien

Post by jamerson » Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm

foggy wrote: Correct.
thank you for your confirmation, all is working fine on my lab now!
the last questions how can i save the configuration to the SQL rather than local C:\Config ?
i've checked the option to change the location but i can't find a way to connect to the SQL,

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Liked: 1413 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » Oct 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Veeam B&R stores its configuration in the SQL database, in addition to this, it dumps the backup of the configuration to the folder you have mentioned.

jamerson
Expert

Post by jamerson » Oct 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Thank you so much Vitaliy,
does it means i can also save VM's Snapshots to the SQL rather than another Partition ?
also when i tried to add the Vsphere server it pop's with CLHelp Root account even i still keep getting error can't connect to the Vsphere on Port 443 !

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager

Post by Vitaliy S. » Oct 08, 2013 6:55 pm

Julien,
jamerson wrote:does it means i can also save VM's Snapshots to the SQL rather than another Partition ?
No, snapshots are not backups, besides backups are not stored in the SQL Server database. VM backups are saved into your repositories.

Are you adding vCenter Server or standalone host? How are you doing it? Are you able to connect to your vSphere Server from the same machine via vSphere Client?

Thanks!

jamerson
Expert

Post by jamerson » Oct 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Vitaliy S. wrote:Julien,
No, snapshots are not backups, besides backups are not stored in the SQL Server database. VM backups are saved into your repositories.

Are you adding vCenter Server or standalone host? How are you doing it? Are you able to connect to your vSphere Server from the same machine via vSphere Client?

Thanks!
apologies for getting back late to you!
yes its vCenter
can integrate the Veeam to the Vcenter to manage the back-ups from the vCenter?

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager

Post by Vitaliy S. » Oct 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Yes, you can do that, moreover adding vCenter Server as opposed to adding standalone hosts is a recommended way of configuring your backup jobs. If you still can't add the vCenter Server, please do contact our technical team, our engineers will be able to assist you via a remote WebEx session. Thanks!

jamerson
Expert

Post by jamerson » Oct 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Vitaliy S. wrote:Yes, you can do that, moreover adding vCenter Server as apposed to adding standalone hosts is a recommended way of configuring your backup jobs. If you still can't add the vCenter Server, please do contact our technical team, our engineers will be able to assist you via a remote WebEx session. Thanks!
thank you
i am al set,
all is operational again,
one more questions , i've added the vcenter to the servers, is it possible to backup the ESXI server ( physique server) ?
or is Veeam just for Virtualisation ?