Veeam8 console frequent 'Not Reposnding' in Task Manager

VMware specific discussions

Re: Veeam8 console frequent 'Not Reposnding' in Task Manager

Veeam Logoby prabhash.jena » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:00 pm

foggy wrote:Prabhash, setup is indeed not ideal. Could you please tell what is the source for those backup copy jobs?

I have selected the source to be from backup files which reside on a CSV cluster shared volume.
prabhash.jena
Enthusiast

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Prabhash Kumar Jena

Veeam Logoby prabhash.jena » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Andreas Neufert wrote:So you write directly to a CIFS share through a 10Mbps WAN link. This is a ugly solution and is totally against our best practices and documentation.

I agree this may not be the best solution but it worked on Veeam 7 & the issue started after we upgraded to Veeam 8. The jobs should fail but it shouldn't hang the server atleast and make it unusable.
prabhash.jena
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby prabhash.jena » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Andreas Neufert wrote:So you write directly to a CIFS share through a 10Mbps WAN link. This is a ugly solution and is totally against our best practices and documentation.

I completely agree, it’s not an optimal solution however the fact remains that this hangs the whole backup management server. It is acceptable that the job fails or takes forever to finish but in no condition it should hang the whole server and put down the all jobs. Atleast not expected from a finished product like Veeam.
Moreover Veeam support was not able to highlight this that the suboptimal setup is causing the whole server to fail tough I indicated that I have copy jobs directly to CIFS offsite share and the case lasted for more than an month. Finally when I disabled the jobs completely the server remains stable. So it’s defiantly a bug which need to be addressed because I never experienced the issue with v7. :(
Now not sure how things will respond when I upgrade to v9.

Thanks
Prabhash
prabhash.jena
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere