Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Tutek
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Wojciech

VeeamZip to cloud provider?

Post by Tutek »

Hi,
I need sometimes create on demand backup job on VM that is not part of any other job. So I think I should create VeeamZip job, but how could I sent this job to my cloud provider, I don't see such option when create backup copy job? If this is not possible, what is the best way to send on-demand backup to cloud? Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VeeamZip to cloud provider?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

You can either create a new job or still use VeeamZIP to create a local backup and then leverage backup copy jobs to offload it to the cloud repository.

Thanks!
Tutek
Enthusiast

Post by Tutek »

But how to leverage VeeamZip backup to cloud repository using backup copy job?
When I create backup copy job in step "Objects" I can select either from Jobs or Repository, when i select Jobs I don't have here any of my VeeamZip created, if I select from Repository I have only here my local backup repository.
If I create new VeeamZip backup in Destination as Backup Repository I have only here local backup repository, cloud service provider isn't listed here.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

VeeamZIP backups do not allow selecting cloud repositories, but I was under impression that you can select a backup repository that hosts VeeamZIP backups and send all data from that repository to a cloud repository.

I guess it would be easier to just create an on-demand backup job and point to a cloud repo.
Tutek
Enthusiast

Post by Tutek »

The problem is that some VeeamZip backups that I have on local backup storage are from hosts that already have been disconnected from VBR server and are offline, so Is any way to send such backup to my cloud provider?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Have you tried moving your VeeamZIP backups to your backup repository and then hitting the rescan button? Backup copy jobs cannot pick up backups from local storage.
Tutek
Enthusiast

Post by Tutek »

How could I do that? I see content of my cloud backups in "Files ---> Service providers" but when I enter here on any folder, buttons like "Copy, Paste" on ribbon bar are greyed out?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Correct, these actions are prohibited on cloud repository backed by Scale-Out Backup Repository, if I recall it correctly. I don't have a console at hand, so cannot double the scenario I'm about to suggest: try to create a dummy backup job, map it to veeamzip files, create a backup copy job (selecting the dummy backup job as the source) and point it to cloud repository. Thanks!