Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
BackupTest90
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Martin

vLAB - Copy

Post by BackupTest90 »

Hey Guys,
I have two virtual Labs in my Veeam-GUI. (Lab1 & Lab2)

I need 8-10 additonal vlABs and every vLAB is the same to Lab1/Lab2 and very hard to click and configure via GUI. These are labs with Advancedconfigurtion, 10 isolated Networks and a lot of network settings.

My wish is, to copy Lab1 and/or Lab2 and change the ApplianceIP/Name. The rest of the lab is the same.

Are there any possibles, to copy these lab with powershell command? There are a lot of powershellcommands available but I didnt't find the copy-command. :(

I hope you know, what I am mean.

Regards,
Martin
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: vLAB - Copy

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

If those the same VMs, you can try to clone them, using New-VM PowerCLI cmdlet and then connect them to backup console with Connect-VSBVirtualLab cmdlet. Thanks!
BackupTest90
Influencer

Post by BackupTest90 »

No, the clone is possible but the "Connect-VSBVirtualLab cmdlet" is not possible. Anyway... Thanks.. I've created the Labs manuel ..
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Hmm, didn't Find-VSBVirtualLab cmdlet return cloned Virtual Labs or you experienced a different issue? Thanks!
BackupTest90
Influencer

Post by BackupTest90 »

No, I didn't find with the Find-VSBVirtualLab cmdlet the cloned lab and so it was not possible to connect this to the console. furthermore it was not possible to, to change the configs (hostname, ip) from the proxyappliance. after a reboot the proxy load the defaultconfiguration.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Got it, anyway, thanks for trying the suggested workaround and updating the topic with the results of your findings.