Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
eriklalande
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Erik Lalande

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by eriklalande »

mike143 wrote: I guess when I put +1 I was +1 the complaint portion also by default. I do not blame Veeam. I just ASS-U-MEd that Veeam was compatible with vSphere 5.
Agree with Mike. Wasn't really trying to blame Veeam, but was just trying to vent a little.

At the same time, we never upgraded vSphere. We bought Veeam with vSphere 5. So it cant be shortsightedness on our part for upgrading too fast because we never upgraded. This is our first foray into virtualization.
mij@dustin.dk
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by mij@dustin.dk »

Also waiting patiently so we can start rolling out v5 on our hosts, but as others have said, we would prefer er thoroughly tested release than something rushed out.

And a little Off topic:
Your session at VMworld today was fantastic by the way, would be cool if you could do some more technical videos on how it all works behind the scenes like it was presented in the session.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

The patch adding full vSphere 5 support (including VMFS5 support) is now available through our technical support.

You must be running Veeam Backup & Replication version 5.0.2.230 (latest product version released on April 11, 2011). Please be sure to double check your product version in Help > About before applying the patch. If you are running the earlier product version, you must upgrade the product first.

Veeam Backup & Replication version 6.0 (to be released later this quarter) will support vSphere 5 out of box, without requiring any patches.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.