Discussions specific to the VMware vSphere hypervisor
SDO@BLUE
Lurker
Posts: 1
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 29, 2011 6:33 am
Full Name: Steffen Domscheit
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by SDO@BLUE »

Where we can download this hotfix

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 24243
Liked: 1859 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please look through the previous page of this topic more carefully, we will notify everyone about hotfix availability.

michele.schiavo
Lurker
Posts: 2
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 23, 2011 7:24 am
Full Name: Michele Schiavo
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by michele.schiavo »

Vitaliy S. wrote:we will notify everyone about hotfix availability.

Libertas
Enthusiast
Posts: 31
Liked: never
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Libertas »

michele.schiavo wrote:
I've had a look at as well and couldn't find the link, but then again there is 7 pages of replies to go through.

If I have missed the hotfix link, can someone please let me know what it is.

Thanks.

michele.schiavo
Lurker
Posts: 2
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 23, 2011 7:24 am
Full Name: Michele Schiavo
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by michele.schiavo »

I think the update isn't ready ... or me too i don't see the link..

withanh
Expert
Posts: 262
Liked: never
Joined: Jul 21, 2009 3:19 pm
Full Name: Darhl
Location: Pacific Northwest
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by withanh »

He didn't say the hotfix is ready, he said they would notify us when the hotfix is ready.

h
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law

ManuG2k
Influencer
Posts: 16
Liked: never
Joined: Aug 23, 2011 9:39 am
Full Name: Manuel
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by ManuG2k »

Gostev,
have news for hotfix ?

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Posts: 26679
Liked: 4268 times
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Gostev »

Soon ™

DAPBENJAMIN
Lurker
Posts: 2
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 08, 2011 11:40 am
Full Name: Darren Benjamin
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by DAPBENJAMIN »

Gostev wrote:Soon ™
OK the TM made me smile!

tsands
Novice
Posts: 5
Liked: never
Joined: Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm
Full Name: Tyson
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by tsands »

Soon like today :?:

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Posts: 26679
Liked: 4268 times
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Gostev »

When it's ready ™

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Posts: 26679
Liked: 4268 times
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Gostev »

We are talking days now, but actual sign-off day is hard to predict exactly.

richardr67
Lurker
Posts: 1
Liked: never
Joined: Oct 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by richardr67 »

Thanks for keeping us posted

emachabert
Veeam Vanguard
Posts: 373
Liked: 165 times
Joined: Nov 17, 2010 11:42 am
Full Name: Eric Machabert
Location: France
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by emachabert »

Every morning I light a candle for that Hotfix.

Thanks Anton.
Veeamizing your IT since 2009/ Vanguard 2015,2016,2017,2018,2019

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Posts: 26679
Liked: 4268 times
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Gostev »

Hi Eric, we do feel your support, so thank you for doing this, it does help! By any chance, did you forget to do it this morning? Because we were so close, but then found another bug just when we were ready to sign off the code :D

Libertas
Enthusiast
Posts: 31
Liked: never
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Libertas »

Gostev wrote:Hi Eric, we do feel your support, so thank you for doing this, it does help! By any chance, did you forget to do it this morning? Because we were so close, but then found another bug just when we were ready to sign off the code :D
Eric, why didn't you light a candle this morning, why why why. Or if you knew you couldn't do it this morning, you could have just told us and we would have done it. :D

GordyFaeEdinburgh
Lurker
Posts: 1
Liked: never
Joined: Oct 17, 2011 2:04 pm
Full Name: Gordon Hope
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by GordyFaeEdinburgh »

There is however a limit at which forbearance ceases to be a virtue.
(Edmund Burke)

ayeratech
Lurker
Posts: 1
Liked: never
Joined: Oct 18, 2011 4:28 am
Full Name: Mathew Ford
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by ayeratech »

Just had an emergency restore needed for a client of their VPS server and find out that our Veeam backups are not restorable on our vSphere 5 hosts (we upgraded all hosts weeks ago). Needless to say this customer is irate now. So, do we pray for this "pending hotfix" on the hour every hour or simply tell our client that they are screwed? NOT happy about this.

jamiesmith85
Lurker
Posts: 1
Liked: never
Joined: Oct 18, 2011 8:33 am
Full Name: Jamie
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by jamiesmith85 »

Please please can you make this patch a priority. I am desperate to get my replications and backup working again as they should be!

Thanks

Jamie

foggy
Veeam Software
Posts: 19434
Liked: 1764 times
Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by foggy »

This actually IS our highest priority now. As Anton said, we are close to it every day and if no issues are found in the current hotfix build, it will be made available.

goebel
Lurker
Posts: 1
Liked: never
Joined: Feb 15, 2011 9:21 am
Full Name: Georges Goebel
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by goebel »

Anything new about the update ? Waiting with impatience for the update.

But I prefer waiting a little bit longer for a working patch than for a fast patch which does only work at the first look :-)

Georges

tsightler
VP, Product Management
Posts: 5675
Liked: 2486 times
Joined: Jun 05, 2009 12:57 pm
Full Name: Tom Sightler
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by tsightler »

ayeratech wrote:Just had an emergency restore needed for a client of their VPS server and find out that our Veeam backups are not restorable on our vSphere 5 hosts (we upgraded all hosts weeks ago). Needless to say this customer is irate now. So, do we pray for this "pending hotfix" on the hour every hour or simply tell our client that they are screwed? NOT happy about this.
While it's not possible to perform a direct restore to vSphere 5 hosts, you should be able to restore the VMDK files to pretty much anywhere and then transfer them via the datastore browser. Not ideal, but you can get the restore done for the client.

schaffeb
Enthusiast
Posts: 50
Liked: never
Joined: Apr 14, 2009 10:44 pm
Full Name: Ben S
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by schaffeb »

ayeratech wrote:Just had an emergency restore needed for a client of their VPS server and find out that our Veeam backups are not restorable on our vSphere 5 hosts (we upgraded all hosts weeks ago). Needless to say this customer is irate now. So, do we pray for this "pending hotfix" on the hour every hour or simply tell our client that they are screwed? NOT happy about this.
The lack of a hotfix is delaying our entire vSphere 5 roll-out so I can empathize with your situation to a certain extent. However, data integrity is the most important thing with a backup product. If they rush a out a fix that corrupts backups or something similar it would be far worse.

nboch
Novice
Posts: 3
Liked: never
Joined: Dec 08, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by nboch »

Here, we completely need Veeam to support vmfs5 because of the new 'Space Reclamation' functionality.
Actually, our SAN doesnt free memory that VmWare dont want anymore., so the SAN volumes are getting full. If we join this no-return point, the SAN goes offline and all VMs freeze.
As we cant upgrade our backup software at the moment, we pray for the SAN to resist to the VMs' data still the hotfix arrive... :D
Hope you'll not discover another deeply hidden bug just before to click the 'release' button ! :)

eriklalande
Novice
Posts: 4
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 23, 2011 5:48 pm
Full Name: Erik Lalande
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by eriklalande »

We are desperate for this update. I come to these forums so much that my Google Chrome is now putting Veeam on the top 6 most visited sites on my homepage. We bought Veeam 5 with vSphere 5.0 the day VMware released it, so we have actually not had a working version of Veeam at all and we have owned it for almost two months. Every day its a new promise, first promise was within a week or two of them releasing vSphere 5, next promise was in the first half of October, now this month is quickly coming to an end and we still do not have the hotfix.

Natoli
Novice
Posts: 7
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 22, 2009 5:49 pm
Full Name: Anthony
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Natoli »

glad to see i wasn't the only dummy who read the second post on this thread and jumped into vsphere5 thinking it was supported

mike143
Novice
Posts: 7
Liked: never
Joined: Jun 07, 2011 8:02 pm
Full Name: mike
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by mike143 »

eriklalande wrote:We are desperate for this update. I come to these forums so much that my Google Chrome is now putting Veeam on the top 6 most visited sites on my homepage. We bought Veeam 5 with vSphere 5.0 the day VMware released it, so we have actually not had a working version of Veeam at all and we have owned it for almost two months. Every day its a new promise, first promise was within a week or two of them releasing vSphere 5, next promise was in the first half of October, now this month is quickly coming to an end and we still do not have the hotfix.
+1, Bought Veeam B&R Enterprise on 9/23/11 and VMware vSphere 5 Essentials Kit on 9/21/11. Never thought to check vSphere 5 compatibility. Monitoring this thread daily.

Libertas
Enthusiast
Posts: 31
Liked: never
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by Libertas »

mike143 wrote: +1, Bought Veeam B&R Enterprise on 9/23/11 and VMware vSphere 5 Essentials Kit on 9/21/11. Never thought to check vSphere 5 compatibility. Monitoring this thread daily.
Its funny, because for every person who didn't do their homework, there are around 100 of us that did and didn't upgrade to vSphere 5 because a crucial element of the environment (i.e. backup) was still not supported. Perhaps lesson to learn here is not to blame the vendor for something they didn't promise, but to take a page from the "Common Sense 101"...handbook
Veeam, please don't release a product that is not stable and feel free to take all the (reasonable) time needed to release a fix/solution when its ready and working. I am far happier knowing that my backup solution works, and I can go to it with 100% peace of mind when the worst has happened and I need to actually use my backups.

ThomasMc
Expert
Posts: 293
Liked: 18 times
Joined: Apr 13, 2011 12:45 pm
Full Name: Thomas McConnell
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by ThomasMc »

Suppose you could restore to a nested ESXi 4.1 Server

mike143
Novice
Posts: 7
Liked: never
Joined: Jun 07, 2011 8:02 pm
Full Name: mike
Contact:

Re: vSphere 5 Support

Post by mike143 »

Libertas wrote: Its funny, because for every person who didn't do their homework, there are around 100 of us that did and didn't upgrade to vSphere 5 because a crucial element of the environment (i.e. backup) was still not supported. Perhaps lesson to learn here is not to blame the vendor for something they didn't promise, but to take a page from the "Common Sense 101"...handbook
Veeam, please don't release a product that is not stable and feel free to take all the (reasonable) time needed to release a fix/solution when its ready and working. I am far happier knowing that my backup solution works, and I can go to it with 100% peace of mind when the worst has happened and I need to actually use my backups.
I guess when I put +1 I was +1 the complaint portion also by default. I do not blame Veeam. I just ASS-U-MEd that Veeam was compatible with vSphere 5.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests