Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
dspjones
Enthusiast
Liked: 17 times

vSphere Web Client plug-in Not Showing Up

Post by dspjones »

We've been using Veeam B&R and VeeamOne for quite a while since v5 but we have never really needed or utilized Enterprise Manager until recently and I noticed while poking around today that there is a plugin for the vCenter Web Client. "COOL", I said, but after installing it nothing shows up in the web client.

I removed it and reinstalled it several times. If I login to the vcenter client using https://<vcenter server name>/mob I can see that the plugin is indeed installed. Looking at the extension manager there I see the following:
extensionList["com.veeam.backupui.VeeamBackupUi"]

So what else do I need to do to have this thing show up in the web client.

We are using vCenter 5.5 Version 5.5.0 Build 2026576
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: vSphere Web Client plug-in Not Showing Up

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello, can you please tell me what version (build number) of Veeam B&R you're running? Have you logged out from the vSphere Client after installing the plug-in?
dspjones
Enthusiast

Post by dspjones »

Yes I've logged out and back in several times. No luck.
Veeam B&R - 7.0.0.871
dspjones
Enthusiast

Post by dspjones »

I also restarted the vcenter management webservices as well based on a suggestion from another person here in the office. No luck.

Also, as I stated, in the MOB it shows the plugin is installed but in the vCenter Web Client when you go to ADMINISTRATION - SOLUTIONS - CLIENT PLUGINS or vCENTER SERVER EXTENSIONS, it is not listed there.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

If you've followed all the instructions listed in the corresponding section of User Guide and still experience issues, feel free to open a ticket with our support team and let them find the root cause. Thanks.
dspjones
Enthusiast

Post by dspjones »

case created 00645323
dspjones
Enthusiast

Post by dspjones » 2 people like this post

Support offered this suggestion which worked perfectly. Alll is working:

1. Uninstall plugin from Enterprise Manager.

2. Restart the vCenter Web Client Service. On a Windows vCenter server, this is done from services.msc; on a VC appliance, from vCenter Management web page.

3. Remove all pieces of the Web plugin that were not removed by the uninstall. For a VC appliance, open a SSH session to it and remove all entries that are returned by: find / -name '*veeam*'. On a Windows vCenter server, remove all files and folders containing veeam in %programdata%\vmware and %programfiles%\VMware.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Enterprise Manager. When reinstalling, please select the existing database. After reinstalling, make sure the latest patch is also installed so that Enterprise Manager matches the version of Backup & Replication: https://www.veeam.com/kb1891

5. Install the Web plugin.

*** I also added step 6. ***
restart vSphere Web Client service on local machine if the client is installed locally - if you connect to the vCenter server to access the web client, then disregard this step.