Business categorization for your virtual environment
sixth
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Installation on same server as Veeam Monitor?

Post by sixth »

I currently have a Veeam monitor server with a VEEAM database already installed on it. Can I install Business View on the same server? Is there anything special that I need to do before doing so? Should I just install it on my vCenter server?

Thanks!!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Installation on same server as Veeam Monitor?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

You can share the the same SQL server between Monitor and Business View installations, as for installing BV on a vCenter machine it is not recommended due to possible conflicts for IIS and Tomcat webserver that vCenter is using.
sixth
Enthusiast

Post by sixth »

Do I need to create a new/separate database on the SQL side if I use the same server as the Veeam server? My current Veeam server already has a VEEAM DB.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Post by Gostev »

It has VEEAM instance, not DB - DB names are different between products. So don't worry about this, just install it :)
sixth
Enthusiast

Post by sixth »

Thanks guys for the help. I got the package installed and now I have run into a new issue with the web site not working. I am recieving a "Server Application Unavailable" when I try to access the web page. Below is the error from the Event Viewer:

Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/4/Root
Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 7016) stopped unexpectedly.

I am assuming from the error, the permissions are incorrect somewhere in the IIS/ASP manager for the site. Any recommendations on where I could look for this information or what it should be set at?

thanks!!
sixth
Enthusiast

Post by sixth »

OK I got past the above issue by adding ASPNET to the security permissions on the IIS site, but now I am getting this message:
An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\BusinessView\Configs\ConnectionStrings.config' because access is denied.

I think I may install this on a totally different machine, this server has had its IIS settings completely screwed with. Might even consider removing IIS and reinstalling.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, this is what I would do too. IIS is too hard to troubleshoot. May be even use clean/fresh OS install too - this would make everything work out of box as this is how we test all products (on clean computers).