- Posts: 29
- Liked: never
- Joined: Sep 30, 2009 2:42 pm
- Full Name: Sameer Dave
we have two scom sp1 environments and have nworks installed for both the management groups.
We have one management server in Europe and one in US. We have 2 collector servers in US and one in Europe.
We wanted to go ahead and install the Business view. Would you please let me know the best practices for the install?
- Can we install the business view on the nworks management servers?
- would we need to install SQL? does it need to be on the scom database or data warehouse servers?
- does business view get the data from nworks? or its an independent product?
Thanks in Advance
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 26111
- Liked: 4065 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
1. I heard nworks collectors are pretty resource consuming, so depending on how large your environment is and how busy they are, installing other products on the same server may not be a good idea.
2. Veeam Business View install SQL Express, or you can point its setup to an existing SQL. There are no dependencies on SCOM or anything else.
3. Completely independent product, so no dependencies on nworks. But Monitor, Reporter and nworks integrate with it. So think about Business View as a standalone plug-in enabling other Veeam products to do more.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest