Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
peterwroot
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter

Manual backup proxy selection for NetApp file backups

Post by peterwroot »

Hiya,

I am currently testings Veeam file backups as a potential solution for backing up NetApp file shares. I've got a job that is backing up a single SMB share from one of my NetApps, to a Dell Data Domain in the same physical location.The job appears to be running fine, but I have a query regarding the backup proxy settings - is there an option to manually specify a backup proxy, like there is for other types of backup jobs?

In the job details section, I can see 11 of the following messages: "Using backup proxy server-name-here", each naming a different server - only two of which are in the same country as the source and the destination of the backup job. If I try and query the proxy in use with PowerShell, I get the response: "WARNING: Automatic selection is enabled."

I have checked the settings of the NAS filer, the backup cache, and the backup job and I can't see anywhere to specify a manual selection of backup proxies.

Am I missing something, or is this not an available feature for file backup jobs?

Cheers,

Peter
peterwroot
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter

Re: Manual backup proxy selection for NetApp file backups

Post by peterwroot » 1 person likes this post

Ah, I've found it!

For future reference (because I don't want to be *that* guy who updates a forum thread without providing the fix), it's set on the actual NetApp object under the Storage Infrastructure tab.