- Posts: 54
- Liked: 11 times
- Joined: Sep 09, 2010 9:45 am
- Full Name: Anders Lorensen
Its working just fine.
Now I want to add a Hyper-V 2012R2, and keep getting an error (unable to reconnect to powershell session) - my googeling skills tells me its because I havent installed Hyper-V VMM console 2012R2. - But I cannot install that, as the 2019 is installed.
If I try to use the Hyper-V VMM 2019 on the server to connect to the Hyper-V 2012R2 installation, it fails as well.
So I'm not sure how to proceed. Is it a simple limitation that you cannot use same veeam server to connect to 2012R2 and 2019, or am I just seeing a bug of sorts and need to open a support case? or what am I missing?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 1480
- Liked: 336 times
- Joined: Jun 14, 2013 9:30 am
- Full Name: Egor Yakovlev
That is a known limitation since 2 different versions of VMM consoles cannot be installed on the same server(technically they can, keep reading).
Possible workarounds(from easiest to hardest):
- add one of the SCVMMs hyper-v clusters as "Hyper-V Cluster" instead, that will only require installed SCVMM console for another
- add 2012R2 clusters under same SCVMM 2019 management(aka unify multi-cluster management under single SCVMM server)
- there is a way to install different versions of SCVMM Consoles on the same machine via msi. Best to check with Microsoft if they support it.
Hope that helps!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests