- Posts: 10
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jul 10, 2019 3:24 pm
Im plan backup infrastructure for hyper-v vm's.
For examle, we have:
- HV cluster consisting of 8 nodes (Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V in core) (4 node in data center #1 and 4 node in data center #2).
- StoreOnce in data center #1 and data center #2.
- Tape in data center #1 and data center #2.
- Dedicated media server in data center #1 and data center #2.
I think deploy backup server in VM and consolidate backup jobs in one location.
For backup over SAN i must have dedicated backup proxy. And for storeonce i must have gateway server.
Can i use Hyper-V node in my Hyper-V cluster for this roles (on host proxy and gateway)?
Can i use Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V in core for this roles?
Can i use backup server in VM? What limitations in this scenario if i will use static backup proxy in backup jobs?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 6137
- Liked: 903 times
- Joined: Sep 01, 2014 11:46 am
- Location: Austria
and welcome to the forums.
Long story short: I would never do it. Always use On-Host proxy (especially for that environment size)
Which SAN are you using? Just to estimate how many issues you will have with hardware VSS providers...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests