Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
doalwa
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dominik Wagner

Backups to USB drive fail after moving Veeam to new Server

Post by doalwa »

Hey everybody,

about a month ago, I replaced an aging HP XW9400 Workstation, which acted as our Veeam backup server with a HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10.

I recreated the volumes from the old machine on the new one and then restored the configuration backup.

The whole process was pretty smooth and I was back up and running in a matter of hours.

I do, however, have an issue with a daily backup job to rotating USB hard drives.

Ever since I moved servers, I have to manually run a Repository rescan on those USB drives.

If I don't do this, the backup fails with the following error:

Code: Select all

Error: Cannot proceed with the job: existing backup meta file 'Backup to USB.vbm' on repository 'USB hard drives' is not synchronized with the DB. To resolve this, run repository rescan  
This repository rescan runs for only a few seconds, and afterwards the backup on this particular USB drive works fine.

I've already tried wiping all drives and creating a new Active Full backup on every single drive but the error keeps popping up.

Any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks in advance,
Dominik
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backups to USB drive fail after moving Veeam to new Server

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Dominik,

Is it possible to create a temporary repository with rotated drives from scratch and perform a test run of any backup job to such repository? Thanks!