Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
mkolus
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Maximiliano Kolus

HvCtpAddFile failed: how do i clean unused ctp files?

Post by mkolus »

Hello,

I've a backup job that is failing on several VMs on an hyper-v cluster using CSV.

Code: Select all

[16.09.2014 20:31:11] <07> Error    Failed to call RPC function 'HvCtpAddFile'.
[16.09.2014 20:31:11] <07> Error    Cannot create a file when that file already exists.\n\nFailed to add file [C:\ClusterStorage\volume3\virtuales\sq01\sq01.vhd] to the list of tracked files.\n--tr:Failed to add file 'C:\ClusterStorage\volume3\virtuales\sq01\sq01.vhd' to the list of CTP tracked items. VM: 'Bases SQL - SQ01'. VmID: '{30a51bb1-3065-4ee5-b5a8-9ec93e6427e8}'.\nFailed to add file to change tracking. (System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException)
Thanks to google i've found that they could be stale .ctp files (the cluster crashed due a power failure not long ago and we had to rebuild it... long story). I believe that the solution is to remove the stale CTP files but, how do i know which ones are not in use?

Or the question should be, is there a better way to solve this issue or "reset" ctp?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: HvCtpAddFile failed: how do i clean unused ctp files?

Post by foggy »

Maximiliano, please open a case with technical support and provide driver and HvIntegration service logs and the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VeeamFCT\Parameters\CTDB registry values from all the cluster nodes. Also, if you provide the case ID here, I will be able to forward it directly to the right person. Thanks.