Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
nickpoore
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nicholas Poore

More CC setup questions.

Post by nickpoore »

So, following on from my last post...

I setup B&R and CC on two virtual servers on my 2012R2 physical server.
However, the B&R had huge issues backing up the VM's on the server, so I removed it.

I have now installed B&R on the physical server, and it can backup all the VM's with no issues.
The B&R uses a Synology NAS for its repository, storing files on an SMB share.
Everything is working.

Now I'm setting up the CloudConnect VM.
The question I have is : Do the two servers talk to one another?

I *think* that I can just install the CC server, and tell the CC software to speak directly to the Synology SMB share.
I do not think that the CC server speaks to the B&R server, or uses it in any way.

Am I correct?

(I know that remote servers will speak directly to the CC server.)

Thanks, Nick.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: More CC setup questions.

Post by veremin »

All Cloud Connect SP's issues and questions are discussed in dedicated SP's forum. This topic will be moved there for further discussion soon. So, kindly, apply to Cloud & Service Providers forum group to get access to the said forum section.
Do the two servers talk to one another?
Two servers will be totally unaware of each other. It also means that settings specified to the target repository on one server won't take any effect on the same repository added on the second server.

Moreover, if I were you, I would avoid using SMB share as a repository on top of which tenant's cloud repositories will be created. Let alone, sharing it between your tenants and your own infrastructure. Otherwise, multiple performance issues are expected.

Thanks.