Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
dhayes16
Service Provider
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Dave Hayes

Move Replication server

Post by dhayes16 »

Hello...Using Veeam BR10. We have a Hyper-V server we setup for replication. We did this inhouse on the same network. Worked perfect.

So now we want to move this to a different subnet (across high speed VPN). So it is there with new IP, etc. However when we went to edit the replication job it just hangs up with no option to edit. So we manually added the new IP to the infrastructure. We still could not edit the job so we needed to delete the job and create a new one. I have the following questions.

#1) The old server can not be removed since it says it is part of the infrastructure even through the original job is gone. How to remove it?

#2) Will we need to re-seed this entire job now since the original replication job is gone?

#3) When I point the new replication job to the new server on the remote subnet it starts ok and then seems to go to "unavailable" state in veeam.

#4) Jobs stuck in pending waiting for proxy?

Thanks for any help
Dave
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Move Replication server

Post by veremin »

Hi, Dave,

It seems we need to involve support team here to confirm the root cause and propose the next steps.

So, please, open a support ticket and provide its number here.

Thanks!
dhayes16
Service Provider
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Dave Hayes

Post by dhayes16 »

OK..Thanks.
I did find the option for seeding and it looks like it will use the existing replica. I can live with the orphaned server right now. But the main issue here is that the new server now exists at the other end of the VPN tunnel and Veeam can point to it as a Hyper-V server replication target. However, when I go to run the replication job it does 2 things: #1: The job hangs in a pending state indicating that the Backup Proxy can not be found. And, #2: The remote server goes into an "unavailable" state. I suspect #2 is what is causing #1. But what causes it to go into unavailable?

I can reach out to support.

Thanks again
Dave
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I would try to reinstall Veeam components on this server, but your best bet would be asking assistance from support.