Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
tym
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tim Diekhans

replication seeding on same site

Post by tym »

Hi,

I would like to seed a replication of a very large (30TB) file server. Replica cluster is on the same site. In the manual, it reads
During the first run of a replication job, Veeam Backup & Replication accesses the backup repository where the replica seed is located, and restores the VM from the backup. [...]
Next, Veeam Backup & Replication synchronizes the restored VM with the latest state of the original VM. After successful synchronization, in the Backup & Replication view of Veeam Backup & Replication, under Replicas node you will see a VM replica with two restore points. One point will contain the state of the VM from the backup file; the other point will contain the latest state of the original VM you want to replicate.
I wonder how to set this up. When creating the replication job, I selected the backup repository as the source. After the job has finished, I only have one restore point which resembles the backup state. According to the manual, there should be two restore points (one for the backup job and one for the current state) after the jobs first run.
Am I missing something?

Best,
Tim
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: replication seeding on same site

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Tim,

Can you clarify if are you using replica seeding from backup repository.

Or you choose backup repository as source?

Thanks!
tym
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tim Diekhans

Re: replication seeding on same site

Post by tym »

Hi, I used backup repository as source, but you already pointed me to the right setting:
The Seeding step is available if you have selected the Low connection bandwidth option at the Name step of the wizard
Guess what I did not select..

Thanks!

Best,
Tim