- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Dec 07, 2017 9:20 am
I've a problem with an Exchange-VM on a Hyper-V-Cluster.
We set up 2 Backup-Jobs for the cluster.
- First is the daily Backup which is an incremental based Backup. Aware Processing and Log-truncating is enabled
- As a second one, we create a backup job, which runs every 3 month. It's also incremental based and log-truncating is also enabled.
Last year, we ran in a problem, because Exchange wasn't able to truncate the log files. This error was caused by a database.
We removed them and the daily backup worked great until the second backup-job ran. The initial fullbackup (one time before) was OK.
Today, we've the problem, that the logs of one db won't be truncated and the Log of the daily Backup tells me, that the log-trunc should worked.
So, something went wrong. The Log-Files are alvailable since the second job ran.
Are there any errors with multiple backup-jobs and log-truncating? I don't know, what else these error could cause.
Thanks for your answer and best regards!
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 15140
- Liked: 1141 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
Correct, log truncation should be performed by single job, while other jobs should perform copy-only operations. Thanks.Are there any errors with multiple backup-jobs and log-truncating?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests