- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jan 02, 2010 4:04 am
We currently are a Backup Exec 2010/Hyper-V R2 cluster environment. Backup Exec is handling both the physical and virtual machines at the moment.
My questions are:
1. Can the VBR backup server <the server that has VBR installed> and the offhost backup proxy reside on the same server?
If not, can the offhost backup proxy server be another already existing server or does it have to be dedicated to Veeam? We are a pretty small environment and would like to co-locate the VBR roles as much as possible.
2. Can VBR be installed on the same server as Backup Exec?
3. When using an SMB repository, can the windows based proxying server be the same server as the VBR server?
4. I would ultimately like to put the VBR backups to tape for off site purposes. Can I just have Backup Exec backup the VBR repository location to cover that?
Thanks in advance!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests