Delayed Alarm

Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting

Delayed Alarm

Veeam Logoby rmancinelli » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Is it possible to delay the triggering of an alarm, or to specify the amount of time that alarm condition must exist prior to triggering the alarm?

For example, lets take CPU usage on a guest VM. Can I set an alarm that says "warn me if CPU usage >90% for 2 minutes"?

I ask because CPU, Disk, and other resource "spikes" can occur, but they are typically only for a very short period of time. We need not concern ourselves with some of these and would like to screen them out, if at all possible. Many other monitoring platforms have this feature, but I cannot see to figure out how to do it in Veeam Monitor?!

Thoughts?
rmancinelli
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Rick Mancinelli

Re: Delayed Alarm

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Rick,

You can configure a time delay for triggering the alarm, if you choose to edit any alarm, which is based on the performance source data, and navigate to Rules tab. Also you may use tolerance and frequency options which are available in the Reporting Tab of alarms settings.

Besides, you may want to use suppress option in order not to fire an alarm on certain time or event in the virtual infrastructure which might cause those spikes.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1106 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Monitoring