Gostev wrote:Jeff, this could be due to Windows 2008 security.
Please try to do this:
- Delete that empty database you are seeing
- Start the Monitor Settings program
- On the Security tab add your account to the list and click Sync
- Perform logoff/logon
- Start the Monitor Settings program again
- Stop Collector (Collector->Stop)
- Deploy database (Database->Change Database)
- Start Collector (Collector->Start)
Done - no change - same error exactly. A shell database is created in SQLExpress - but with no tables/objects. Also it does not appear to connect to SQL with the credentials I am supplying the error is that user w2008server\veeam monitor cannot create tables. That is not a user - but a group. Anyhow still does not work after trying the above.
Further my SQLExpress dbase now has 6 "tries" here - of databases, none of which delete because they were not properly created. How can I properly clean those off, deleting the mdf and ldf files just generates errors - in the management console, same issue, deleting the database tried via this approach results in a database in the listing, but I have no premissions to remove it.