Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
mark49808
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Intelligent Diagnostics Failure due to path length

Post by mark49808 »

Seems the Intelligent Diagnostics Failure alert is firing for me, and looking into the logs, the path length is too long for the B&R logs that its trying to analyze. though my job names are not excessively long nor have i edited the default storage location.

Not sure what to do about this, given Veeam is the one determining how the logs are pathed/named.

Edited for privacy reasons so characters might not line up exactly. my job name is only ~27 characters.

Code: Select all

15.04.23 07:00:37 [WARN  ] 8972 [__75] LogAnalyzer.LogCollector.LogsPack: Cannot delete temp directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\VID\415 : Could not find a part of the path 'Agent.xxx-yy-zz_aa_bb_7YR.ShortTerm.Source.server-name__server_name_compliance.server-name.1.log.gz'.
15.04.23 07:00:37 [ERROR ] 8972 [__75] LogAnalyzer.Jobs.TransferLogs: <--CollectLocalLogs: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
LogAnalyzer.Utils.Exceptions.LogArchiveLoadException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. ---> System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
End result is the Log analysis is perpetually in a failure state. So the feature is a bit unusable.
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 169 times

Re: Intelligent Diagnostics Failure due to path length

Post by RomanK »

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the case number. Please continue to work with our support engineers. I'm confident they will find the cause of this issue.
I'll also check with the teams if the maximum path and job name lengths.

Thanks
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 169 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello Mark,

Indeed, there is a path length limit. In future releases of the VID package, we plan to remove this limitation.

However, there is another case. Do you know why there is a "Cannot delete temp directory" message? Perhaps there is antivirus software blocking access? Normally there should be no such warnings. I asked a support engineer to escalate the case to RnD if you don't mind.

Thanks
mark49808
Enthusiast

Post by mark49808 »

I do not know why that message would be there. i had assumed it was due to the path length. it cant delete a path that's too long, either. I don't have any AV on the monitoring server.
mark49808
Enthusiast

Post by mark49808 »

Using the registry key with a shorter path seemed to fix this in the short term. Cant do much shorter here.

I used this key to shorten the path to C:\V1L and restarted the Veeam One Agent service. Seems to be using it.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam ONE Monitor\VID]
"LogAnalyzerTempFolder"="C:\\v1l"

Logs analyzed successfully! Should be good to go now assuming we don't have any super long length job names or something.