Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
rmoskowitz
Lurker
Liked: never

Suppress multiple VM alerts

Post by rmoskowitz »

I set up the alerts to notify if a VM is powered down and when it comes back up. Is there a way to prevent gentting alerted every few minutes, and only send an alert when the status actually changes from up to down and vice versa?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6723 times

Re: Suppress multiple VM alerts

Post by Gostev »

Hello, to prevent multiple similar alarms appearing, you can increase alarm frequency, for example to 1440 minutes (24 hours). In this case, repeating alarm will come only once every 24 hours. Yet, if VM status actually changes a few times during those 24 hours, you will still receive all relevant alarms.

Hope this helps.
jeremyh8
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Jeremy Harrison

Post by jeremyh8 »

I am trying to find the frequency option that i saw on the veeam university video "adjust alarm settings". Has this option been removed in the latest version?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jeremy,

I believe you're using Veeam ONE v6, correct?

In v6 we have changed our alerting engine so that frequency option is no longer required. For all performance based alarms you will receive an alarm notification only when this alarm changes its state (for ex. from "warning" to "error").

As regards event based alarms, then we have an "ignore after" parameter, that suppresses all subsequent repeating alarms according to the configured threshold (the default value for this parameter is 1).

Hope this helps!