Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
n3rdling
Novice
Liked: never

object storage direct connection

Post by n3rdling »

What are the requirements for enabling/configuring direct connection from a local (linux) repo to object storage?

I have a SOBR configured that consists of 1 local hardened Linux repository, and 1 AWS S3 object repository. When I configure the object storage for 'direct connection" I always get certificate revocation errors. Support recommended that I configure a local windows server to be the gateway, which seems to work. However I would much rather keep that load on the linux repo instead of adding additional load to my windows box, or having to build a separate gateway server.

Is there some certificate or something that needs to be imported/configured on the linux repo to allow it to connect directly to the AWS storage?

thanks.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: object storage direct connection

Post by Mildur »

Hi N3rdling

Your hardened repository cannot be a direct gateway server for offloading backups to object storage.
Another server must be used. If you don't specify a gateway server yourself, Veeam will automatically use the assigned mount server for the offload. If the associated mount server is not available, the backup server will be used.

Could you maybe share with me the case number? I want to check the comments in the case.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software