Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
ConradGoodman
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Conrad Goodman

SOBR offload report improvements.

Post by ConradGoodman »

I cannot find a way to get a report that tells me if a backup has successfully offloaded to the capacity tier.

I have been through this with support, and they said the only report is an RPO monitor, which only fires for the performance tier. Alongside the standard job success report, but it doesn't trigger a warning or failure if it doesn't get offloaded to Capacity Tier.

I get a daily email report: "Scale-out backup repository - $repository name".

This is very limited in use as I have to open the email for each repository and check for 'Success'.

I can't find any monitoring for this in Veeam ONE, I can't find any way to fire an SNMP trap or email.

It is so important that our backups are in capacity tier, yet I am currently having to manually read all these emails.

Is there a way around this, or a feature in the pipeline for v11?
dalbertson
Veeam Software
Liked: 175 times
Full Name: Dustin Albertson

Re: SOBR offload report improvements.

Post by dalbertson » 3 people like this post

Hi

You can poll powershell for some stats....I will take the Feature Request as well.

The code below would print out the offload tasks and their status

Code: Select all

Connect-VBRServer -server "servername"
$sobrOffload = [Veeam.Backup.Model.EDbJobType]::ArchiveBackup #This type corresponds to SOBR Offload job
$jobs = [Veeam.Backup.Core.CBackupSession]::GetByTypeAndTimeInterval($sobrOffload,(Get-Date).adddays(-1), (Get-Date).adddays(1)) 
write $jobs
Dustin Albertson | Director of Product Management - Cloud & Applications | Veeam Product Management, Alliances
ConradGoodman
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Conrad Goodman

Post by ConradGoodman »

That's great, thanks for the code.

I'll get our DevOps guy to roll this out to our nagios environment checking for SUCCESS.
dalbertson
Veeam Software
Liked: 175 times
Full Name: Dustin Albertson

Post by dalbertson »

Just to mention...the offload tasks run automatically every 4 hours. These will show a success as well even if they dont offload data. This may be fine for your use but you could also report on failed to check if there was an issue.
Dustin Albertson | Director of Product Management - Cloud & Applications | Veeam Product Management, Alliances
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Small clarification:

* move offload session is executed automatically every 4 hours
* copy session is executed automatically upon completion of a backup (or backup copy) job

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Actually, copy session starts the moment a backup file for any machine is created... there's no waiting for the entire backup or backup copy job completion.