Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
jcofin13
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time

veeam community ed and blob storage?

Post by jcofin13 »

Ive got community ed (11) installed and im having trouble adding an existing azure repo to it.
I get to the point in adding the repo where you enter your account and it appears to pass that part but when you hit next you end up with the generic error: This request is not authorized to perform this operation

I have confirmed that the blob has an allow rule on its networking to allow the veeam instances public ip address but no luck.

The ony thing i can think of is maybe its not supported in community edition and i should install a proper license. Is that the case?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: veeam community ed and blob storage?

Post by Gostev »

Correct, CE does not support object storage as a backup destination.

However, it does specifically support mounting an existing object storage repositories with the purpose of restores. As we want to ensure restores from existing backups are always possible no matter where they are located, even if you don't have or lost your license. This really helps our customers in a DR situation.
jcofin13
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time

Re: veeam community ed and blob storage?

Post by jcofin13 »

Thank you very much for your reply.

I thought this was the case. I am pulling my hair out trying to attach to an existing blob storage in azure. Upon trying to add the blob storage i get past the user account part in the wizard but when i hit next to try and get from the account portion of the wizard to the "container" portion i get the generic error "The request is not authorized to perform this operation" and i cant understand why. Ive confirmed my source ip is whitelisted. I cant see any other restrictions on my azure repo. The account specified is the account that was used when the repo was created and used by another instance of veeam which can connect just fine. I must still be missing something. Ill keep looking.