Job disabled by Backup & Replication Administrator

Discussions specific to managed agent-based backups

Job disabled by Backup & Replication Administrator

Veeam Logoby jeff.richeson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 am

I made the mistake of trying to centrally manage my current Veeam Agents for Windows by using the newly release B&R update 3. I am using the free agents so the central management won't work. I tried to back out all the changes and tried to uninstall and reinstalling the agent but something on the repository still remembers the machine. It won't let me backup this machine any more. How do I get the agent working again?
jeff.richeson
Novice

Liked: never

Re: Job disabled by Backup & Replication Administrator

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Could you provide some details on migration that you've done and on how you've tried to revert everything back? Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 1051 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Job disabled by Backup & Replication Administrator

Veeam Logoby jeff.richeson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 am

Here are the steps that I went through:
* I had a working agent that backed up to an existing repository
* After upgrading to B&Ru3, I deployed an updated, centrally managed agent.
* I got a license error trying to run the job and I could not longer manage the agent remotely
* I tried to change the agent to remote management from the B&R console but also received a license error
* On the remote machine, I tried to uninstall the agent and received a CBT driver error. I rebooted and tried to uninstall and still received the error.
* I finally got it removed by deleting registry keys and program files.
* I installed an older version of agent but it got errors and said that there were no repositories available
* I installed the latest agent and it tells me that the settings are still centrally managed.
* I have deleted everything I can find that deals with these backups on the B&R console but the agent still insists it is being centrally managed
jeff.richeson
Novice

Liked: never

Return to Physical & Cloud