Here are the steps that I went through:
* I had a working agent that backed up to an existing repository
* After upgrading to B&Ru3, I deployed an updated, centrally managed agent.
* I got a license error trying to run the job and I could not longer manage the agent remotely
* I tried to change the agent to remote management from the B&R console but also received a license error
* On the remote machine, I tried to uninstall the agent and received a CBT driver error. I rebooted and tried to uninstall and still received the error.
* I finally got it removed by deleting registry keys and program files.
* I installed an older version of agent but it got errors and said that there were no repositories available
* I installed the latest agent and it tells me that the settings are still centrally managed.
* I have deleted everything I can find that deals with these backups on the B&R console but the agent still insists it is being centrally managed