Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
jeff.richeson
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Job disabled by Backup & Replication Administrator

Post by jeff.richeson »

I made the mistake of trying to centrally manage my current Veeam Agents for Windows by using the newly release B&R update 3. I am using the free agents so the central management won't work. I tried to back out all the changes and tried to uninstall and reinstalling the agent but something on the repository still remembers the machine. It won't let me backup this machine any more. How do I get the agent working again?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Job disabled by Backup & Replication Administrator

Post by veremin »

Could you provide some details on migration that you've done and on how you've tried to revert everything back? Thanks.
jeff.richeson
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by jeff.richeson »

Here are the steps that I went through:
* I had a working agent that backed up to an existing repository
* After upgrading to B&Ru3, I deployed an updated, centrally managed agent.
* I got a license error trying to run the job and I could not longer manage the agent remotely
* I tried to change the agent to remote management from the B&R console but also received a license error
* On the remote machine, I tried to uninstall the agent and received a CBT driver error. I rebooted and tried to uninstall and still received the error.
* I finally got it removed by deleting registry keys and program files.
* I installed an older version of agent but it got errors and said that there were no repositories available
* I installed the latest agent and it tells me that the settings are still centrally managed.
* I have deleted everything I can find that deals with these backups on the B&R console but the agent still insists it is being centrally managed
irwincur
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Curtis Irwin

Post by irwincur » 1 person likes this post

I was just dealing with this same exact issue. While reading through your last post I was poking around the Endpoint Client and on the Settings tab, there was a check in the 'Disable Scheduled Backups' box. Unchecked that and all is well. Not sure why this checked itself...
chipa
Lurker

Post by chipa »

I had exactly the same issue.
Same cause (Tried managed, then reverted to manual deployed), Job was enabled in B&R console but disabled locally.

Somehow I missed that Checkbox detail on the 3 Agents I had the problem with.
All fixed now. Thanks irwincur.
gico
Service Provider

Post by gico »

Hello :)
Same story there: discovered how great are the new central management agent features, but excitement ended soon because of the agent licensing issue (that, compared to socket/VM licensing and maintenance, are not a big deal :| ).
So I removed the protection group and any reference on B&R server, uninstalled the agent and another component from the client, rebooted all and still not working. Unfortunately I used the OU discovery to populate the protecion group and had to uninstall and reinstall many clients because I haven't found how to "release them" from central management. :?

Found that there was both the flag in the client/agent settings, and also found the job disabled on B&R srv. Enabling both of them seem doing the job.

Thanks for your sharing :wink:
Giulio
ReealityPrime
Novice
Liked: never

Post by ReealityPrime »

I was just suffering from the same problems. I had to deselect the "disable scheduled backups" on the remote agent and then re-enable the job on the Veeam management server. It definitely could have been easier. Like some other new users, I didn't realize that the free version could not be scheduled from the server.

Thanks for sharing the solution!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks.

Thanks for sharing your issues. It looks like our safety trigger does not behave well. Whenever you switch the license for an agent (from free/workstation to server and visa versa) schedule gets disabled automatically to make sure that backup job wont start the uncontrolled merge of your restore points (schedule and retention logic is different in server and workstation version). We will review this behavior.
blixa
Lurker
Full Name: Blixa

[MERGED] Can't re-enable backup of workstations

Post by blixa »

Hello,

I have a bunch of workstations backed up to our Veeam B&R repository working great for months. Recently I had to disable the backup policy because of administrative needs. Then I enabled back the backup policy for the workstations, but when the scheduled backup tries to start it fails for all of them with the error "Initializing Error: The job has been disabled by the Veeam Backup & Replication administrator".

I don't find where I have to re enable that in the administration app. Can you help please?
Thanks a lot.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you check the solution posted above and see if that works for you or not? Thanks!
blixa
Lurker
Full Name: Blixa

Post by blixa »

Hi, the clients didn't have the "disable scheduled backups" flag checked, so it wasn't the same issue, I'm afraid.
I managed to go back to normal by re-scheduling the jobs in the policy. I tried to "refresh" the policy but until I changed the schedule it didn't work.
Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, thanks for the update! Glad that you're up and running, next time it might be worth reaching out to our support team as re-scheduling should not be the only solution here.