Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Savashopress
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Upgrade VPowerNFS veeam doesnt notice it is updated

Post by Savashopress »

Hello all,

Today we had our upgrade planned to version 7. It all went ok but when we came to the upgrading of the proxies. 1 failed.

This is probably due to the network connection that we have to singapore. We had a poweroutage @ that location and we are now waiting for the cisco guys to have a look @ our switch.

But i cant wait that long for them to show up. So i copied the files that were under "c:\program files\veeam\packages....." to the server in singapore and ran them all. Including vpowerNFS.

When i now start veeam from the backup server it still gives me the splash screen and wants to only upload/upgrade the vpowernfs.msi. So i know that the other installs i did went ok. and im sure it said successfull after i had installed the vpowernfs. I double checked this by running the install again and indeed i got the option repair or remove..

So now for the question: CAn someone tell me why veeam still thinks that the proxy in singapore needs to have his vpowernfs updated ? (keeps comming back after the splash screen, a refresh gives the same results.)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just noticed that the uploading and upgrading had succeeded after 10 attempts. BUT when i restart veeam it wants to install it again ??? even weirder.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Upgrade VPowerNFS veeam doesnt notice it is updated

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

There could be some database entries that haven't been updated, as you've run the installation files manually. BTW, what is the current connection state to that proxy server? Can you reach it from the backup console? Have you tried removing the proxy role from that server and installing it again?

Thank you!
Savashopress
Influencer

Post by Savashopress »

- Well the connection is about 300 MS. (a few losses of the pings)
- I did run it manually. BUT after the manual install i also did it via the wizard and it said everything is upgraded..
- I haven't removed the proxy role yet nor re-installed. (will try this a bit later on, when im home)

Will let you know what the outcome is of the reinstall..

Regards,

Arnold
Savashopress
Influencer

Post by Savashopress »

I did as you said:

Removed the proxy / repository etc that was connected wtih veeam.

I then did add proxy, add repository, and set everything back, map backup etc. And now it's upgraded in veeam aswell.

We are now upgraded to the newest version. Thx for the reply.

And altho we had this hickup, due to a bad line, i would like to say: Thumbs up on the upgrade package you created!

Regards,

Arnold
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Arnold, thanks for updating the topic and glad that you're up and running now.