Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
davids355
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: david silvester

A few questions about Veeam features and pricing

Post by davids355 »

Hi guys,

Just had a few questions about the pricing of Veeam essentials, and also regarding features.

1.It says that Veeam essentials is priced per 2 sockets, and gives an example of what you would need for 3 hosts each with two processors.
Just wondering, if we have a host with a single processor, would the standard licence allow us to use it on two hosts (both with a single processor)?

2.The main feature that stands out to me that isnt on standard, is single click file restore - does that mean that I can restore single files on standard, or does it just mean its quicker and easier on enterprise?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Systems Administrator
Qwertyitservices.co.uk
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: A few questions about Veeam features and pricing

Post by foggy »

davids355 wrote:Just wondering, if we have a host with a single processor, would the standard licence allow us to use it on two hosts (both with a single processor)?
Yes, it will.
davids355 wrote:2.The main feature that stands out to me that isnt on standard, is single click file restore - does that mean that I can restore single files on standard, or does it just mean its quicker and easier on enterprise?
It means that you will be able to restore single files using Veeam B&R console UI, but will not be able to use 1-click file restore feature of our web UI. The latter adds ability to search for the file across multiple restore points of multiple VMs, when you are not sure where the file (and the version of the file) you need to recover is located. This speeds up file level recovery in certain scenarios significantly, and also allows to delegate file level recoveries to help desk personnel.
davids355
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: david silvester

Post by davids355 »

^^ thanks for the quick reply.
Systems Administrator
Qwertyitservices.co.uk
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You're welcome. Should any additional information be required, feel free to ask.