Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
liviu.tutuianu
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Liviu Tutuianu

How long does it take to get a VBR licensed

Post by liviu.tutuianu »

Hello,

We have this situation (I don't know if it is a problem or this is just normal) in which it takes a lot of time for the new VBRs to get licensed from our VEM servers. When I say a lot, it's something around 24-36 hours.

Because of this, the new created jobs on our v7 VBRs cannot start until the VBR was not licensed properly.

We have some central VEM (for Standard, Enterprise and Eneterprise Plus) located in DE to which all our VBRs (all over the world - 12 countries right now) are connected and get their licenses. If you will rush and tell me that this happens mainly because of the too complex infrastructure, I will tell you that it has this behavior from the beginning of the project (when there were VBRs from only 2 countries).

Is there any way by which we can force the VBR to take the license faster? Is there anything that we can do to hurry this process or we just need to stay and pray for it to finish?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Liviu
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: How long does it take to get a VBR licensed

Post by foggy »

Liviu, are you saying that newly added backup servers do not get the license from Enterprise Manager immediately after being added? Have you tried to manually start database replication for them (license synchronization is performed during this process) or install the license manually on the backup server?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6723 times

Re: How long does it take to get a VBR licensed

Post by Gostev »

This is definitely not normal. What is your data collection schedule for the affected servers? If the schedule looks correct, I recommend you investigate this with support - just send them the debug log files covering the period when you had this problem.

In any case, as Foggy already mentioned, you can always initiate synchronization for the particular backup server manually (Start Collecting button on the screenshot following the link above), and if this still does not help, install the required license manually on the corresponding backup server as a workaround.

Thanks!